Sunday, January 04, 2009

Scorpio Outlook of Romance for 2009

I am a "half-believer" of horoscopes, i.e. I tend to agree with some of the things about my zodiac but disagree with the others. I happen to find this article on Yahoo! website about the "romantic outlook" this year for my horoscope.

The article is so well-written and full of positive statements that I would rather believe that it is true! I like this part: "Your instincts are powerful in developing intimacy, and will help you create a healing, passionate and spiritual relationship. The completeness of being in love is a major focus for you this year, and your desire to articulate your feelings will bring your relationship to a higher level of understanding and personal fulfillment."

Heaven knows I have yet to find that partner to start a "healing, passionate and spiritual relationship"! :P Fellow financial-guru Mike asked why I did not include "finding a lover" in my New Year Resolutions. I think part of the reason is due to my age. Statistics from the government shows that the likelihood for people over the age of 35 to get hitched are significantly reduced. I would attribute this to the reduction in hormones for people over 35, haha. Jokes aside, I think it all boils down to the reasons for marriage in this modern age.

The fact is as days go by, the urge to find a lover gets lower and lower. I am a traditional guy. I believe to marry a person, you must be fully dedicated and willing to take care of her with all your heart, and be prepared to make all kinds of sacrifices along the way. I take marraige as a sacred word and serious committment. Though I am nearing my forties, I do not yet have the courage and mentality to start such a long-lasting relationship. Am I taking marriage too seriously for my own good?

2 comments:

Mike Dirnt said...

lol ku dont call me a guru. i post and share whatever i learn.

btw i dont believe in signs and zodiacs. i think some people got nothing better to do so they come out with these funny rules. im more of a scientific and factual person

ku said...

Ok, you're a guru-to-be, haha :) Thanks for sharing so much info in your blog.
Sometimes, reading those horoscope thingy can be interesting. I normally do not believe in forecasts based on horoscopes, but personality-wise, it can be surprisingly accurate on certain things. :)