Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dad's birthday dinner


Today's Lunar Calendar 18th December, my Dad's lunar birthday. In his times, the older Chinese generation used to adopt the lunar calendar for birthdays.
After work, joined Dad and Mum for dinner at at Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe @Plaza Singapura. We ordered Ying yong (coffee+milk tea), Black Pepper Chicken Egg Rice, Stir Fried Beef HorFun and HK-style crab bee hoon. The bee hoon didn't taste as good as it looked, unfortunately. Too salty. Total dinner costed $60.4, including two cups of warm water (at $0.20 per cup, sheesh, even plain water is not free here). But I think the total price is reasonable.

We then headed straight to Swensens located just two floors below Xin Wang. Courtesy of Vivian, I received from her a one-for-one Gold Rush voucher that I used tonight to enjoy the all-time favourite ice-cream with my parents. It costed just $8 for the two ice-creams. What a steal, haha! :)

Gonna go to Malacca tomorrow and stay for one night there. Hmm, I heard that's the site where Little Nyonya was being filmed due to its rich Peranakan heritage. Also, a friend from Malacca told me to remember to try the Malacca satay celup, chicken rice ball, dim sum, wantan mee, nyonya laksa, bak kut teh and Yong Tau Hu. :)

No comments: